Saturday, December 08, 2007

SOMEBODY SPECIAL..........

"I am somebody. I am me. I like being me. And I need nobody to make me somebody" - Louis L'Amour
Often we spend so much time taking care of all the special people in our lives, we forget that we are somebody special too. I am special and you are special and each and every one of us is just as significant and necessary to the world as the next. It is not until we begin to realise this very important truth, however, that we allow ourselves to recognise what very special somebodies we are.
May we always be aware of our specialness.......






4 comments:

David said...

Dear Domenica,
I agree that all of us have something that makes us "special". Something that marks us out as individuals. Indeed, my Mum was always telling me I was special when I was a kid. It was only in later life that I began to think badly of myself, as one of the "bungled and botched". Then again I suppose this happens to most of us.
But thinking about my childhood, I do remember one particular individual in my class at primary school. His name was Richard Paskin and he had the habit of taking off his trousers and pants and running round the playground. The thing was, he always wore a badge on his T-shirt (which, for some reason, he kept on)saying "I'm one in a million". Looking back on it now, I can see his point. Sometimes our specialness reveals itself in, erm, unusual ways.

Yours with Very Best Wishes,
David.

Jack said...

Hi Domenica, it was nice to go for lunch with you last week. I agree we are all special. Some in a good way some in a bad way.I have been lucky most people I have known have been ok.But some have not.I try to surround myself with the good ones now. Take care and best wishes.

emma said...

You're a special soul Domenica. Hope you're doing good. Em x

klahanie said...

Dear Domenica
Being special is a speciality that we all must recognise. All different, all equal, all special. Have a lovely Christmas and a positive 2008. Warm wishes Gary.