Monday, October 29, 2007

72 TIMES......AND STILL COUNTING!

If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy one times and get up saying "Here comes seventy-two"

It may take 71 times or 72 or 112, but the wonderful thing about life is that as long as we keep getting up, dusting ourselves off and starting all over again; as long as we persist in persisting and make up our minds that nothing will stop us.....as long as we do that....nothing will! We win by relentlessly molding ourselves through all those ups and downs into the winners we were born to be.
May we always be willing to get up and start again.

'My life is in good hands......my own!'

7 comments:

klahanie said...

Greetings Domenica-
It is very nice to see another blog from you. You are one of the true driving forces behind the Mind Bloggling community.
"Persistence", remaining undaunted is a quality trait, you have that in abundance Domenica.
Ofcourse it is about living our lives the way we want. Through persistence we can pick ourselves up, hold our heads high and never give up.
Thanks for another wonderful blog.
Kind regards Klahanie.

emma said...

Great to see the new post Domenica. Persistence really does pay off - how very very true! Never give up! Mx.

Jack said...

Hi Domenica, persistance certainly pays off. You are an upbeat person and your help is really appreciated. Thankyou and best wishes.

David said...

Dear Domenica,
Another inspiring blog from you. All I would say is, perhaps sometimes, you don't have to push yourself so hard. I know myself that mental ii-health can bring a feeling of inadequacy, which tends to make us push ourselves when realy we don't have to. As my old aunt used to say, "contentment beats all". I think that those are very wise words and, certainly, yours are too. I just hope that we all can feel good enough as ourselves being ourselves.

Yours with Very Best and Sincerest Wishes,
David. xxx.

Phil said...

Domenica,
I really like your inspirational messages and films. Thanks for the e-mail and the film, I enjoyed watching it and listening to the music as well. I've sent it on, to my sister, who I'm sure will enjoy it too.
See you on Tuesday, Phil.

purkul said...

hya,

2 true, 2 true!

each time we do fall we learn to avoid falling again, or if unavoidable find quicker ways to get back on our feet and most importantly are prepared for what may come in the future!

keep on keepin on lady! ya ain't alf an inspiration!

nat
x

Smallandsnappy said...

Hi Domenica, thank you for commenting on my recent music blog, must admit my musical taste is varied and getting more so.
Like what you write, bit of the Bruce's spider there, just wish I could find some of that persistence.

All the best
Philip