Sunday, August 05, 2007

SINK....SURVIVE....SWIM!



In reflective mood (yet again!) I have come to realise that throughout my life, there have been occasions when I did sink. Then I learned how to survive. Now however, I know that the time has come for me to swim! Over the past 11 years or so I have made many small changes, now I feel the time is right to make a huge change in my lifestyle. This change is long overdue, (at one time I thought it was a work plan or maybe a business plan I needed) Not so!... it is a..... 'rest of my life plan'. I have worked for over 30 years, raised my daughter as a single parent for 10 years and also cared for my mother for the past 9 years. I need to capitalise on the freedom that not working can bring, and begin to really enjoy my life to the full. Just surviving is no longer an option. It feels like I have been 'treading water' or floating on the surface of life just to keep my head above the water. Every new day is so precious, I can swim! and I will!

TO HAVE WHAT I'VE NEVER HAD..... I MUST DO WHAT I'VE NEVER DONE.


6 comments:

emma said...

To have what i've never had, I must do what I've never done!

Brilliant!

And I'll be cheering you all the way Domenic. Go for it - big time!

purkul said...

hya,

you are so so right! treadin water is a pointless situation, its a load of energy with no progression!

sometimes i think we get that used to surviving because we have to, so when we can actually live and start swimming we don't through caution and habit. you go 4 it chicken, its your time now, life is short and goes fast so ya may as well enjoy it!

purkul
x

klahanie said...

Hi Domenica-
Yes indeed, you shall swim above the surface. You swim towards a special place.
You no longer find yourself treading water and going nowhere. For just beyond that next wave, is peace and contentment for Domenica.

Clare Hill said...

Congratulations on making such a positive decision. And give my regards to Rio!

Chocolate Girl said...

Oh I'm sooo excited for you! I'd love to go to South America and I've always been fascinated with Buenos Aires. Loads of photos please!

aquatic dave said...

thanks for your comment