Sunday, February 25, 2007

THE COURAGE TO BE MYSELF.............

I have the courage to :
Embrace my strengths - Get excited about life - Enjoy giving and receiving love.
Face and transform my fears - Ask for help and support when I need it.
Trust myself - Make my own decisions and choices - Befriend myself - Complete unfinished business.
Realize that I have emotional and practical rights - Talk as nicely to myself as I do to my friends.
Communicate lovingly with understanding as my goal - Honour my own needs - Give myself credit for my accomplishments.
Love the inner child within me - Feel all my feelings and act on them appropriately.
Nurture others because I want to, not because I have to - Choose what is right for me.
Set limits and boundaries and stick by them - Say "yes" only when I really mean it.
Have realistic expectations - Take risks and accept change- Grow through challenges.
Be totally honest with myself - Correct erroneous beliefs and assumptions. Respect my vulnerabilities.
Heal old and current wounds - Plant "flower" not "weed" thoughts in my mind.
Treat myself with respect and teach others to do the same.
Plan my future but "live" in the present - Value my intuition and wisdom.
Develop healthy, supportive relationships - Make forgiveness a priority.

6 comments:

emma said...

More inspirational stuff Domenica.

klahanie said...

You write with such inspiration. It is so cleansing to choose to be positive and live our lives.
Domenica, as you say "be totally honest with myself."
How very true. May your positive thoughts continue to flower and blossom.

chris164 said...

Well you didn't leave anything out Domenica. There's a lot in this post that people can find inspiring, helpful & a guide for the future. I know i do!

sunseeker said...

You have a great deal of courage to do a great many things Domenica - and most of all, you have the courage to allow yourself to be you. xx

emma said...

Thought youmight like to know, I've printed this out and stuck it on my wall. Thanks again, M x.

Simon said...

Thank you very much for your supportive and kind comment on my last blog. We can but try to spread a bit of love in this sometimes cold and cruel world! I have only just started to read other peoples' bloggs and yours is extremely positive and heart-warming!! I am sure many people will find it inspirational and encouraging! Si x