Tuesday, March 20, 2007

'LOVE LIFE..........

I used to enjoy writing poetry in my late teens and early 20's. I found it to be a good way of expressing my thoughts and feelings.
Now after a gap of .........years!!! my creative juices have started to flow a little! - So with a glass of red wine in one hand and forkful of spaghetti in the other, (not at the same time of course, otherwise I would not have been able to write) I sat in the Italian restaurant, and over lunch I wrote this short poem in about 45minutes. (think that the glass of wine may have also made a contribution, I was feeling rather relaxed )

'LOVE LIFE......AND IT WILL LOVE YOU BACK'
Be open to everything
And attached to nothing,
Life can be a wondrous gift
When we remember this.
If we can do the very best
To retain our positiveness,
Life will do the rest
Thoughout our search for happiness.
Life can sometimes be trying,
However, it can also bring such joy and bliss,
Nevertheless, throughout it all we can come out smiling,
When we have faith we cannot miss
let us celebrate life as it unfolds,resting secure in the knowledge of the promise that it holds.
'WHAT EVER THE QUESTION........LOVE IS THE ANSWER'

7 comments:

emma said...

Thank you for your ear today Domenica - meant an enormous amount. Your poem is superb and so very true. Take care, Em.

klahanie said...

Hi Domenica-
Thank you for a wonderful poem. Life is indeed "a wondrous gift" and when we open up to the positive benefits of this gift; We give ourselves permission to be happy. Here's to the celebration of life.
Thank you for your reply to my blog. Like you say we all have a connection. Warm regards adanac67.

emma said...

Whatever the question - love is the answer. So true.

tone the blueshawk said...

"Be open to everything" - especially the urge to create - I'm glad the food and wine helped you write - thanks for the poem - I look forward to reading more. Bravo... Tone x

chris164 said...

that glass of wine must of hit the spot cause thats a great poem. Love reading your blog as it always has a positive helpful message for me and everyone who reads it.

Also special thanx to you for the advice you gave me for the driving test.

see you soon

purkul said...

hya,

i love that there poem - totaly top stuff!!! and so true to,

thanx 4 sharing!

purkul
x

Simon said...

Love is indeed the answer to many of societies ailments and if there were more people spreading unconditional love around what a fantastic place it would be!! love your blog page its brilliant. Simon x